Monday, April 17, 2017

Pork & Mindy's

-The Sammy's of Chi

If you haven't at least heard of Pork & Mindy's by now allow me to ask where have you been hiding? The sandwich shop from a Food Network personality can be found all over town. Whether that's at  their brick and mortar in Bucktown or one of the city's many summer festivals it seems like they're everywhere. So I'm told there's also a location at Wrigley Field now. Congrats to them on that.

New School Sandwiches in Bucktown

Pork & Mindy's is the new school sandwich shop from Jeff Mauro aka the Sandwich King. The goal at Pork & Mindy's is to connect people through food, music, and also art. You can connect with me pretty easily through food so let's talk about that. It's not bad. I liked the Bao to the Pork sandwich just fine but I felt like I was eating at a chain restaurant. Some of the meats here are smoked like the pork used in this sandwich. However they're smoked in commercial machines and the whole experience felt more corporate than local. Not to say the meat didn't have decent smoke flavor and I really liked it paired with fresh toppings similar to bahn mi. I just felt like this was something I would enjoy if I was stuck inside a stadium and my options were limited. That said the pig candy bacon they have (and with it the BLT) have been pretty damn crave-worthy since I tried it at a fest last year.

Bao to the Pork Sandwich

Pork & Mindy's
1623 N Milwaukee Ave
Chicago, IL 60647
(773) 799-8759
Website

1 comment:

Steve D. said...

Something went seriously wrong with the operation. It declared Chapter 7 bankruptcy in November 2019.
Jeff made a rare appearance on the LTH Forum.
I asked him to inform the forum just what happened ('Don't let us speculate. Tell us.').
He has not responded.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails