Friday, September 8, 2017

Fannie's Famous Fried Chicken

-Grubbing in Chicago 
Fried Chicken on the Southside

When I saw the sign in the picture below I knew where my lunch was coming from. It was the start of summer and I was headed down 79th street in an effort to see what was new. Well lots of things. But one place in particular caught my eye and that was Fannie's. After all any place serving famous chicken and biscuits is deserving of a stop. No yelp reviews made it even more tempting.

 Locals Favorite in Chatham

Fannie's Chicken has the looks and feel of pretty much every fried chicken joint located in Chicago's southside. You can bet on the fact you'll be ordering your bird through bulletproof glass. The menu reads like all the other fried chicken joints as well with the exception of homemade biscuits listed alongside all the chicken options. Those biscuits are delicious, maybe not Nashville strong but for Chicago they rock. As far as the fried chicken goes man I dont feel right saying this but this is what Harold's could be if the people behind them had any sort of quality control. My three piece wings with hot and mild were fried to perfection and the heaping pile of fresh cut fries underneath them were on point. Looking back at the current calendar year this is best fried chicken I've tried. No lies.

Wings (Hot & Mild) at Fannie's Famous Fried Chicken

Fannie's Famous Fried Chicken
437 E 79th St
Chicago, IL 60619

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails